Now This Is The Life!
From the moment you enter the Park Gardens Senior Community in Fergus Falls, you’ll find yourself imagining the possibilities. It might be enjoying coffee with friends in the cozy community spaces or maybe playing cards while watching local sports teams on a flat screen TV. If you enjoy the outdoors, you can relax with a barbeque in our beautiful outdoor spaces. It can all happen here!
We understand the importance of remaining as independent as possible and ensuring there are ample choices to meet your individual needs. To explore the variety of lifestyle choices, individualized services and and state-of-the-art amenities available to you at Park Gardens, please contact us to schedule a tour.
Our Options – Built to Suit Your Life
At Park Gardens Senior Living, we understand that everyone who comes to tour with us wants to stay as independent as possible. That is our goal, too. At Park Gardens, we now have the option of Independent Plus.
Enjoy the independence and privacy you desire in your spacious, well appointed apartment home. Let us take care of the day to day while you live an active life filled with family, friends and adventure. Enjoy our lovely outdoor spaces and charming community areas while being close to dining, shopping and entertainment. This is community living at it’s finest!
Plus, you can relax knowing that our staff is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. You have the option of three chef prepared meals each day and can add extra services based on your personal needs. It’s all about you and your choices!
Don’t give up your independence. Live independently, plus worry free!
Comfort and convenience!
Park Gardens Assisted Living offers the comfort and convenience in a community with a wide variety of living options, home care services and amenities. You will no longer have to worry about snow removal, lawn care and daily upkeep of a home. At Park Gardens Senior Living, you will be living with a minimal or moderate level of assistance. We value Person Centered Care. As your needs change, so can the services we provide. Personalized and comprehensive health services are available as your needs change. No two people are alike, and the same holds true for the services we provide to each resident.
With our commitment to the person, we focus on our 7 Dimensions of Wellness to meet the goals and needs of those who choose to call Park Gardens “Home.” You can expect there will be opportunities to socialize with friends in the Bistro, participate in card or book club, attend worship services, work out in the fitness room or attend an exercise group. Using our handicap accessible bus, you may choose to go on an outing such as a shopping trip, movie or out to eat. We want you to maintain and active lifestyle regardless of your age.
Apartment Home Amenities
- One and two bedroom apartments available
- Full kitchen with stove, range and refrigerator
- Individually controlled temperature settings
- Walk-in showers with pull-down seat
- All utilities (except telephone) including basic cable package
- Controlled access entry system
- Emergency response system
- Daily check-in system
- And more
- Three meals plus snacks daily
- 24 hour staff
- Weekly light housekeeping
- Health and wellness programs
- Social, recreational, educational and spiritual opportunities
- Computer with internet access to communicate with friends/family or surf the Internet
- Puzzle Room to read books, assemble puzzles and play games
- Media Room to watch a ballgame and socialize
- Private Dining Room to entertain family and friends
- Community Room with kitchen for entertaining and recreational activities
- Grand Bath with whirlpool spa
- Salon on campus
- Massage Therapy on campus
- Detached garage stalls available
Specialized care and support!
Millions of older Americans suffer from some sort of memory impairment. Park View Estates Memory Support at Park Gardens offers specialized care and support for those cognitive challenges. We understand the importance of allowing the tenants at Park View Estates Memory Support to have as much freedom and independence as possible while having trained staff available 24 hours a day to support each person’s needs.
Our safe and secured area allows the tenant to feel at home in a nurturing and caring environment. Our staff is trained to understand the unique needs of the memory impaired and will develop and implement an individualized plan of care. We know the value and importance of meaningful activity and daily routines that maintain their individuality and independence.
The Park View Estates Memory Support is uniquely designed to support the individual and family as one. Park Gardens takes great pride in preserving the dignity of the tenants we serve at Park View Estates Memory Support. We recognize and respect each person for who they are and the background they come from and expect that flexibility and change are part of what we do. Our compassionate and respectful staff are there to help the tenant and family through these life changes.
Individualized Care Levels
The resident and family will meet with the Registered Nurse to determine the individual level of care needed. Services that are offered are personal care with bathing, dressing, personal hygiene/ toileting, eating assistance, medication assistance, transferring assistance of one or two, escorts and more. The resident is assessed for a level of care that meets their individual needs.
- Private suite including kitchenette and bathroom with shower
- Three meals plus snacks daily
- Housekeeping, personal laundry and linen services
- Health monitoring and promotion by our nursing staff
- Individualized social and recreational programs
- All utilities (except telephone) including basic satellite package
- Assistance to and from meals and activities
- Regularly scheduled care conference
- Enclosed outdoor courtyard
- Grand Bath with whirlpool spa
Find the answers you need!
- Are you looking for relief from the daily tasks (cleaning, mowing, shoveling and repairs) and expense of keeping up a household?
- Are you looking for a convenient and safe environment to call home?
- Do you look forward to socialization and community spaces for fun and relaxation?
- Do you want to spend more time enjoying your family and friends, travelling and maybe volunteering in the community?
- Are you independently caring for yourself and not requiring daily home care support?
If the answer is yes to any of the questions above, Independent Living is the best option for you.
It’s not always easy to tell when you or a loved one needs more help. The following warning signs may indicate that it’s time for a talk about assisted living.
- Do you find the refrigerator is empty or filled with spoiled food or you or your loved one are losing weight? These may be signs of not eating well because shopping or cooking is difficult.
- Do you notice frequent bruises? This may be a sign of falling or mobility and balance problems.
- Does your loved one wear the same clothes over and over again or neglects personal hygiene? This can indicate that doing laundry and bathing is physically challenging.
- Do you find the house and yard isn’t as clean and tidy as it used to be? This can be a sign that household upkeep is becoming too difficult to manage.
- Does your loved one forget things, including doctor’s appointments and when to take medication? This may be due to memory loss.
- Your parent seems depressed? Depression is common in seniors who are isolated and alone.
- Do you notice strange or inappropriate behavior? For example, your loved one may dress inappropriately for the weather. This can be a sign that he or she is experiencing confusion.
Our memory support neighborhoods are uniquely designed to meet the needs of those with Alzheimer’s and dementia related impairments. Airy walkways, activity centers and secured outdoor spaces for safe wandering are a few of the amenities designed to provide a homelike, supportive environment for our residents. Our Enriching Connections and Inspire Wellness for Life programs
ensure our staff members are trained in the most progressive, research driven practices and our residents receive comprehensive wellness services.
The questions below may helpful when determining if a move to a memory support community is a good option:
- Is the person with dementia becoming unsafe in their current home?
- Is the health of the person with dementia or my health as a caregiver at risk?
- Are the person’s care needs beyond my physical abilities?
- Am I becoming a stressed, irritable and impatient caregiver?
- Am I neglecting work responsibilities, my family and myself?
- Would the structure and social interaction at a memory care community benefit the person with dementia?
What is the next step?
One of our registered nurses will perform a nursing assessment that will help you determine what is best for you or your loved one. You’ll have the comfort of knowing the expertise of our nursing team will guide you in the right direction. Call us to discuss the right option for you or your loved one.