Specialized care and support!
Park Gardens Senior Living, as part of Tealwood Senior Living, is committed to our mission of enriching the lives of those we serve. We are devoted to providing the highest quality care possible and have developed evidence-based practices and quality assurance programs that keep the focus on the care and well-bring of our residents. It is the programs and services for our residents along with the training and development of our team members that set Tealwood apart from other senior living communities.
Our Programs & Services
Our Comprehensive Wellness Program
We believe addressing the whole person is the key to Quality of Life. Therefore, the following 7 dimensions of wellness are our important guiding principles:
- Physical: Choosing to live a healthy, active lifestyle
- Spiritual: Living with meaning and purpose
- Social: Having daily interactions with others
- Emotional: Being aware of and accepting feelings
- Intellectual: Engaging in creative pursuits
- Vocational: Expressing yourself through talents and passion
- Environmental: Respecting and caring for our surroundings
We Strive to Improve the Resident Quality of Life
- Our community life is enriched through an array of well-rounded and multi-dimensional programming
- Programs are driven by person-centered preferences
- Our programs are developed through evidenced based research
Our Primary Focus
- Improve cognition
- Decrease pain
- Reduce falls
- Reduce symptoms of depression
Our mission is to enrich the lives of those we serve.
Unwavering commitment to you!
Enriching Connections is our dementia specific program which focuses on providing our staff and caregivers with the specialized training and approaches that best serve our residents. Our unwavering commitment to enrich the lives of our seniors with dementia has allowed us to be proactive in our approach to caring for those with memory loss. The Enriching Connections program provides the education necessary to focus on an individualized plan for each resident while allowing them to be as independent as possible.
- Relationships & Community: Every individual is invited to belong.
- Commitment: Organizational leaders are actively involved and committed to preserving our culture of person-centered care.
- Certification & Training: All management and Memory Care staff members are certified in dementia care through the Alzheimer’s Association and also complete additional dementia training.
- Services: Families, with the aid of our nursing staff, can focus plans of care that promote personal preferences, dignity, and independence.
- Meaningful Life & Engagement: Inspire Wellness for Life is the core program that allows us promote and maintain the best quality of life for each individual.
- Environment: We are dedicated to making continual improvements so every Tealwood community maintains their dementia friendly environment.
- Accountability: We continually monitor our processes, operational plans, and culture to sustain our high standards of quality care.
If you have questions and we can connect you to our physician services partner.
Everyone needs a little respite!
Our respite program is available for a 7 to 60 day stay. When informal caregivers require a leave or if you are recovering from illness, injury or disease, we have a place for you to stay. Due to the short-term and/or acute nature of the service, it is offered as a complete, individualized package including:
- Furnished apartment
- All utilities (except phone)
- Three meals per day
- Weekly linen and personal laundry
- Emergency response system
- Group activities
- 24 hour staffing
- Wellness checks
- Initial assessment and monitoring by trained staff
- Assistance with personal cares such as bathing, dressing, grooming, toileting, eating and mobility
- Medication administration
- Medication set-up
- Nurse supervision and monitoring by trained staff
There is a per day cost for respite care services; please call for rates. Discharge is anticipated within 60 days, or an assessment by one of our registered nurses is completed to determine current status and make recommendations for appropriate service options. Other skilled services, such as physical therapy, will need to be purchased from the health care provider of your choice.
Continue your journey
Hospice is philosophy that focuses on individualized care, quality of life and comfort for individuals living with advanced illnesses. Tealwood Senior Living strives to provide superior care through the end stages of life by partnering with hospice agencies across our organization. Because of these partnerships, our staff is able to provide support to our resident and their loved ones under the guidance of hospice agencies. Tealwood is committed to providing hospice care to our residents in the comfort and convenience of their own home with familiar faces caring for them along their journey.
Park Gardens offers therapy and rehabilitation services to our tenants through carefully selected partners. Several therapies can be offered with our partners, including occupational, speech, physical, and post-surgical care. Many tenants like this type of treatment because it allows them to receive necessary medical care while staying at home.
Physical therapy (PT) works to improve and promote optimal physical mobility. Often, treatment consists of exercise to improve strength, mobility training to improve transfer and walking skills and balance training to minimize fall risks. Services can also include modalities to assist with healing and pain relief such as ultrasound, hot/cold packs and electrical stimulation.
Occupational Therapy (OT) works to improve and promote optimal activities of daily living (ADLs). Often, treatment consists of exercises to improve strength, ADL training to improve dressing, feeding and hygiene skills and cognitive training to improve safety awareness. Services can also include obtaining, applying and training on positioning and adaptive equipment.
Speech Therapy (ST) works to improve and promote optimal swallowing and communication skills. Treatment consists of assessing for and making appropriate diet recommendations, exercises to increase oral motor and swallow strength and speech and communication training.